Sunday, September 16, 2012

Book Review ~ When Lightning Strikes by Cynthia Lucas


Why have you not read this book yet? That is a question you will ask yourself after you read When Lightning Strikes. Cynthia approached me and asked if I would be interested in reading and reviewing one of her books. I was not sure exactly what the genre was and the cover was not that intriguing to me. But, I LOVED this book. Where the cover image lacked for me at first look the story makes up for tenfold. (After reading the book the cover made more sense.) 

Sara Douglas travels through time to find a love she didn’t even know was missing from her life. Sarah has the boxes checked on how perfect her life will be. On the eve of her union to her father’s business partner’s son she receives a special gift from her mother. Apprehensively Sarah keeps the good-luck coin, galbi, with her all night as directed by her mother.  

Could her mother have known that a strike of lightning would shoot her back in time to the rugged landscape of Medieval France in the fourteenth century? Burned and alone under the night sky a mysterious dark, handsome, and pompous Dominic du Barbaronne comes to her aid.  

I am already missing being a part of Dominic’s band of Romani gypsies. This book is full of action, adventure, betrayal, jealousy, brotherhood, love and lust.  Cynthia is able to find a great balance between romance and adventure to satisfy both male and female readers. Although Sarah is the main character it is Dominic that I really got to know. His character development through out the story is delicately woven amongst both love and action scenes alike.  

There is so much I want to say about this book, but do not want to spoil the adventure for you. If you like a little romance combined with action and adventure you will love this book! I sure did. I love when I finish a book and keep wanting more.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment