Friday, June 22, 2012

Writing group

So on the advice of Amber Lynn Natusch I hunted for a writing group. I did find one that meets once a month. It is about a half hour away, a bit further than I would like to travel. I went last night for the first time. Funny how there was a time I would have been super nervous to go to something like that.

It was an eclectic group of both male and female ranging from mid twenties to maybe 50's. I was happy to find two writers actually writing paranormal. The platform is more of a critiquing session which is great. I am also look for a group or community that is discussing the actually writing process not just the mechanics of writing.

I did like that everyone's literary background seemed a bit different. I was able to take away a few things to think about while I am writing or when I go back and start to edit.

As long as I have child care I will return next month and bring a piece of my work to share with the group. I will also continue to peruse another option closer to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment